s StampWithGwen: Getting the image on the back or the unmounted stamp

Friday, July 20, 2007

Getting the image on the back or the unmounted stamp

I have been often asked how do you get the image on the back of your TAC unmounted stamps. Well I am going to take a few minutes and show you the steps, please feel free to share this with your stamping friends! Gather your supplies! You will need a staz on ink pad, stamp cleaner (TAC's gets really gets the staz on off- Love it!!!), stamp cleaner pad and kai scissors (they are the best!)



First put the rubber image on a flat surface and ink it with black staz on ink (palette also works, but takes longer to dry).





Peel off the paper from the cling side of the creative cling (the side that is not sticky). Lay the foam down on the image, I start with the side where the #'s are and then work to the other side. Press down. Peel off the cling to reveal the image. (see the #'s are in the lower right hand corner)


Clean the rubber image with the stamp cleaner and cleaning pad.

Lay the rubber, image side down on your scrap paper, remember where the #'s are so that you can line it up when you put the foam down. Remove the sticky side of the cling and match up your #'s. On the image you can see the #'s in the lower left hand corner. Adhere!

Cut apart your stamps from the rubber side.

Store in your cd case or the stamp case that they came in.

Enjoy!
Gwen




Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Bella Rose Creations said...

Thanks for the information...and I love that new TAC Stamp!! I can also vouch that the TAC cleaner actually gets off the Staz-on (if you do it before it dries)...but Palette ink it will get off even if it is dried...as long as you spray directly then use a stamp pad and washcloth to get in the ridges. Best stuff ever!!! I've been stamping a year...and still have more than a 1/2 bottle!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Wow...thanks for sharing this. Very cool and caused me one of those 'duh' moments. ;-)

Also happy to hear about the cleaner. I hate using the staz-on cleaner each time. Maybe I'll get TAC's on my next order.

Jane

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Lisa T said...

Thanks so much for posting these directions! I have started to do this with my sets that have sayings.
I enjoyed looking at your projects, too. :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger jackie said...

I love the new set!!!I will have to get it! Here's a quickie idea for those of you with young daughters into the Bath and Bodyworks spray stuff - save the empty bottles and clean them out well - they are great for spritzing on cleaners, water, alcohol, or whatever for just about any stampng or craft need. I have one in all of my totes and craft areas...!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

I was interested to see your written instructions for 'indexing' TAC stamps. I have been doing this for a couple years now and I wanted to pass on a little trick I have developed. I always had a terrible time re-aligning the stamped-on cling with the rubber. Since I don't have photos this may sound confusing, but stay with me! Start as you did here with the image on a flat surface and inked, press the cling side onto the image. Before lifting the cling, take a Sharpie and mark the edges of both the rubber and the cling on at least 3 or 4 corners. Then, when you are ready to adhere the cling to the rubber, you can match up the lines on the edges so that after you cut out your images, everything on the back lines up better. Make any sense? Hope you find this helpful.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for making this so much easier for me to do. Directions won't ever come from my SU! demo, so this is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home